Saturday 28 November 2009

Review: In The Loop



Set in a parallel universe to The Thick Of It, where the sweary Scots play the same characters but the rest of the regulars get name changes to suit the story of the impending war and MP Simon Foster's trip to America.

To be honest I could've done without the whole going to America business, the material suits shorter bursts and begins to drag over 1 hour 40 mins. Despite enjoying what I saw I always had the nagging feeling I'd rather have a half hour Thick Of It episode based around Ollie/Toby/Chris Addison's love life and constituency meetings in Northampton - both minor stories in the film but the kind of story that made the TV series great in my view.

In the Loop is still worth a watch though, if only for Steve Coogan's cameo - arguably the best thing he's done in ages and the highlight of the movie.

No comments: